The Complete Guide to Photography Bundle
5 Courses & 37.5 Hours
$34.00 CAD$841.00 CAD
You save 95%
$401.00 CAD Value
Photography Masterclass: Your Complete Guide to Photography
Video School Online
175 Lessons (13h)
- Certification included
- Experience level required: All levels
- Access 175 lectures & 13 hours of content 24/7
- Length of time users can access this course: Lifetime
175 Lessons (13h)
- Introduction to the CourseWhat will you learn in this course & who is it for?2:04From iPhone to fancy DSLR: the basic photographers toolbox2:00Success! How will you succeed in this course?0:51Map to Success - What are you interested in learning?How does camera exposure work in under 3 minutes!2:44Course Requirements - what do you need to take this course?Who are we - the instructors?2:57
- Understanding the CameraIntroduction to the Understanding the Camera section0:44Types of cameras1:19Camera Type: DSLR2:55Camera Type: Smart PhoneCamera Type: Point & Shoot1:43Camera Type: EVIL - not in the spooky way!1:52How does a camera work?4:35Shutters & Sensors2:49Sensor Size ChartFile Formats - RAW vs. JPEG2:38The Power of Shooting in RAW Revealed3:34Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?0:29
- Drop Auto - Learn to Shoot ManuallyIntroduction to the Drop Auto section1:08What is exposure?1:40What is aperture (aka. f-stop or iris)?3:18Aperture ChartsWhat is shutter speed?3:15Dive deeper into shutter speed & watch a slow motion shutterWhat is ISO?4:14What is the exposure triangle, and how does it work?Exposure Triangle - Diagram & ExamplesUsing your camera's light meterHow to use the camera's HistogramPractice - Set your exposure for 3 scenarios!0:49What is focus - depth of field explained2:28Depth of Field - VisualizedGetting in focus using the auto-focus modeGetting in focus using the manual modeShooting fast objectsPractice - Taking pictures of cars!0:31Shooting in low lightShooting at nightPractice - Taking pictures inside!0:47Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Composition - What is in your frame?Introduction to the Composition sectionWhat is composition?The rule of thirdsWhen to throw out the rule of thirdsRule of Thirds: VisualizedPerspective: changing your anglePerspective: VisualizedDo you know your basic composition?What's the Mood of your photo?Wide Angle vs Telephoto & ZoomWide vs. Telephoto Lenses: VisualizedChoosing a backgroundPanoramic compositionsHow to position your subjectFocus on the detailsUsing depth of field creativelyColors - think about how colors affect your photos3:09Black & White photos - adding emotion by subtracting colorPractice - Go on a photo adventure!Phil's Photo Walk - Let's look at his photos!Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Situational Photography - Taking better photos wherever you areIntroduction to the Situational Photography section5 Tips for Better Landscape Photos5 Tips for Better Nature PhotosPractice - Get outside and take some pictures!5 Tips for Better Portraits5 Tips for Better Portrait Lighting5 Tips for Better Photos of Kids (or Pets)Practice - Take pictures of your kid (or pet)!Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Purchasing a Camera & Additional EquipmentIntroduction to the Purchasing a Camera sectionHow to purchase a camera - what's your goal?How to build your complete camera kitWhere should you buy a camera?What's in our camera bag?Memory CardsLenses & FiltersBatteries & ChargersStabilization - Tripods, Monopods, GorillapodsFlashes & LightingCamera Cases & BagsPractice: Put together your camera kit!Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Canon Camera Overview & SettingsIntroduction to the Camera Anatomy & Settings sectionDetailed look at a Canon DSLRPractice: Play with your buttons!The Camera Menu - Let's go through it together - CanonChanging Image Quality - CanonPicture Styles on a CanonImage Review on a CanonFormatting a memory card - CanonPractice - Choose your settings!White Balance Symbol ChartUnderstanding Burst ModeScene Modes ChartConclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Nikon Camera Overview & SettingsDetailed look at a Nikon DSLRThe Nikon Info ButtonThe Camera Menu - Let's go through it together - NikonChanging Image Quality on a NikonImage Review on a NikonFormatting Your Camera on a Nikon
- Smartphone & Mirrorless Camera Overview & SettingsDetailed look at a smart phone & our favorite appsFuji X-T1 Overview
- Using Stabilization - Tripods, Monopods, more?Introduction to the Stabilization sectionTripod TipsMonopod TipsOther types of stabilizationTips for better handheld photographyHow do you get non-blurry photos!Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Lighting - How to light your photosIntroduction to the Lighting sectionWhat is light?What types of light sources do we have?Understanding light temperaturesLight Temperature ChartSetting your white balance properlyWhat is three-point light?Complete guide to three-point lightingUsing ambient lightUsing Natural Light CreativelyUsing the flashBetter Flash Photography with a Lightscoop Pop-up Flash BouncerPractice - use your flash!Shooting slhouettesHow to take a silhouette photo - diagramPractice: Take a silhouette photo!Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Lenses - Diving deep into lens types and stylesIntroduction to the Lens sectionWhat is focal length?What standard lenses should you have?Depth of Field - RevisitedWhat are our favorite lenses?Fisheye lensesTilt shift (aka swing shift) lensesTilt-Shift Video ExamplePolarizing, ND, and UV filtersPolarizing Filter: VisualizedConclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Smartphone Photography - Take better photos, the selfie way!Introduction to the Modern Photography sectionUsing our favorite iPhone appHow to take better pictures with your smartphoneTips for composing better square images & Instagram success!Practice - Take your best smart phone photo!Making money with your smartphone imagesConclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Photo Editing - Make your images pop with the best photo editing applicationsIntroduction to the Photo Editing sectionWhat is photo editing, and why do we do it?What programs do we like for editing?How to get a free trial of Adobe Lightroom & PhotoshopImporting and Organization in LightroomRating photographs - what is our process?Practice - Import & rate your photos!Adjusting exposureAdjusting color temperature (white balance)CroppingSharpeningAdjusting Saturation & Vibrance in LightroomBrightness & contrast4:35Vignettes & blursExporting & saving9:56Practice - Improve your photos in Lightroom!Getting Rid of Blemishes in Lightroom2:31Hue, Saturation, Luminance controls in Lightroom5:07
- Photo Editing in PhotoshopEditing a RAW Photo in PhotoshopEditing a JPEG Photo in PhotoshopStitching together a panorama in Photoshop4:47Get Rid of Blemishes in Photoshop - No more zits!2:24How to Composite Images in Photoshop
- Editing Photos in iPhotoImporting & Organization in iPhoto3:17Quick Fixes in iPhoto - How to quickly make your photos look amazing!2:47Using the Effects Tab in iPhoto2:56Advanced Photo Adjustments in iPhotoExporting/Saving Photos from iPhoto3:08Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?1:13
- Make Money with PhotographyIntroduction to the Making Money with Photography section1:03What jobs can you do with photography?2:48Branding yourself3:51Tips for branding yourself3:58Tell everyone, everywhere2:49Sharing your photographs - our favorite sitesCreating a website/portfolio5:44What you need to put in a website6:50What should you charge as a photographer?Finding freelance photography workUnique ways to dive into photographyLanding a full-time photography jobConclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Selling your Photographs - Where to sell, licensing tips, and more!Introduction to the Sell Your Photographs sectionBest stock photo sites for making money onlineHow one guy made $15,000 in one day on InstagramSelling your own photographyUnderstanding licensingHow to license your photosFair Use photographsConclusion - what did we learn in this section?
- Wedding PhotographyWho is the instructor (Will Carnahan)?Why should you become a wedding photographer?5 Tips for Being a Better Wedding photographerOverview of what to shoot at a wedding
- ConclusionThank you & please leave a review!
- BONUS SECTION: Photography history & where we are todayIntroduction to the Photography Basics sectionA brief history of photographyThe longer version of the history of photographyModern photography - where are we today?Conclusion - what did we learn in this section?
Photography Masterclass: Your Complete Guide to Photography
VSVideo School Online
InstructorPhil Ebiner started teaching online courses in 2012, and now has over 80,000 students on Udemy learning everything from photography to video making. He worked as a photographer at a private college a few years ago doing event coverage, marketing and advertising, and social media. Sam Shimizu-Jones has been taking photos his entire life. Growing up in Santa Cruz, CA, he fell in love with photography skating around town. Since then, he's traveled the world taking photos for business and pleasure.
This encyclopedic course provides everything you need to learn the ins and outs of photography, and to master this medium even if you’re just starting out. Whether choosing between the humble iPhone or fancy DSLR, or shooting photos indoors or outside--you’ll learn all you need to turn out professional-quality photos certain to impress viewers and even attract interested customers.
- Dive into an overview of key photography concepts w/ 13 hours & 175 lectures
- Understand how different kinds of cameras work: DSLRs, smartphones, etc.
- Create well-composed shots by correctly positioning subjects, manipulating depth of field, etc.
- Master situational photography to take strong photos no matter your setting or subject
- Obtain the equipment you need to capture great photos
- Illuminate your photos to capture your subjects in their best light
- Edit images in post-production to ensure they truly pop
- Monetize your work by knowing where to sell it, how to license it & more
$67.00 CAD Value
Natural Light Portrait Photography - Take Portraits With Any Camera Anywhere
13 Lessons (1.5h)
$94.00 CAD Value
Classic Studio Portrait Photography - Learn The Art Of Classic Lighting And Posing
28 Lessons (2h)
$80.00 CAD Value
How to Be a Professional Outdoor & Nature Photographer
133 Lessons (14h)
$202.00 CAD Value
The Art of Black & White Photography
20 Lessons (7h)
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
Your cart is empty. Continue Shopping!